Best Way to Fight Mold

One of the worst fears of any homeowner is to have mold problems. Mold is extremely dangerous for our health, and it affects those who suffer from asthma and allergies even worse. If you have a mold problem yourself, get rid of it immediately by reading the following lines and applying the advice given in them.

Reduce the humidity with the Danby DDR50B3WP dehumidifier

For only $200 you can have the Danby DDR50B3WP dehumidifier along your side to fight mold by reducing the indoor levels of humidity at a normal percentage. If the indoor humidity is above 50%, the appearance of mold is inevitable. Therefore, use this dehumidifier and create an environment in which mold will never strive. It’s ideal for areas up to 3000 square feet in size. It operates on a mere 515 watts of electricity, which is less than any other dehumidifier on the market. It extracts about 50 pints of moisture over a 24-hour period. It’s extremely quiet, producing only 50dB. It can handle temperatures as low as 41 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes the dehumidifier ideal for use in the basement as well. It alerts you when the bucket is full for you to know when you have to empty it. Also, it comes with a 2-year warranty for the parts and labor.

Use tea tree oil solution

Tea tree oil is a natural solution that you can use to combat your mold problem. A small bottle costs only $18. To remove mold with the help of tea tree oil, you need to prepare a solution with it. Mix 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil with 2 cups of water. Put the solution in an empty spray bottle. Spray it onto the mold spores without rinsing. The results will amaze you, and if you ensure that there will be normal levels of humidity in the affected room with the help of a dehumidifier, mold won’t ever reappear. If you’re worried about the strong scent that tea tree oil leaves behind, don’t fret. It will dissipate in a few days.

Spray hydrogen peroxide

You can buy a bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide from a local store or pharmacy. Spray the hydrogen peroxide on the moldy surface. Leave it there for about 10 minutes. When the time passes, wipe the surface with a damp cloth. This way you will remove the residual mold spores. Another solution that you can use to fight mold that is based on hydrogen peroxide is to combine it with white distilled vinegar. Mix the 2 together and spray the solution on the affected area. After 10 minutes, rinse it with a damp cloth.